One of Champéry’s key selling features is its easy access to Les Portes du Soleil’s incredible network of 194 ski lifts, making Champéry a top ski and mountain bike destination. Regardless of the season, each day offers a new safari for skiers, hikers and mountain bike enthusiasts of all levels. The cable car Champéry – Planachaux and the modern chairlift Grand-Paradis take you in less than 5 minutes directly into the Portes du Soleil. On a day-trip, one can easily ski to Avoriaz (2460 mtr), have a 3-course French lunch at “Chez Flo”, take some black slopes at “le Coup du Monde” and still make it home to Champéry before dark. Moreover the Pas de Chavanette, which is also called the “Swiss Wall” is one of the most impressive slopes of the world.
There are 90 on-piste restaurants throughout Les Portes du Soleil which for years have been delighting discerning guests and food critics alike. A specially created Pass Gourmet guidebook highlights the best local specialties.
Les Portes du Soleil Facts and figures
- 278 pistes catering for all levels: 28 black, 104 red, 112 blue and 34 green
- 202 lift installations ensuring quick and easy access between resorts using the same lift pass
- 694 snow cannons guaranteeing snow all season!
- 650 km skipistes
- 90 slopeside restaurants for a mouthwatering mix of skiing and fine dining
- 194 ski lifts
- 12 ski resorts linked by ski pistes (Champéry, Morgins, Avoriaz, Chatel, Morzine)